Jpsdad, that small pond is exactly one mile from the house. About1/4 acre and the hbg have turned into about half gsf. I feed when I get there. The cats, although stocked at the same time/age, vary quite a bit now. Some are twice the size of others at 3 or 4 yoa. Feeding sporadically , a large coffee can all gets eaten. The best thing about a small pond is that it’s water turkey proof. Not enough room for them to take off so they don’t land.

Biggest current concern is a bunch of hogs that are using it as a wading pool. Wife and I have been there a couple of times lately and the hogs, supposedly wild, came and started wading around about 20 ft from us. Wife got nervous and started her 4wheeler so they wandered off. I have 2 different bunches of hogs on 133 acres. The ones closer to the house got in a trap. Grandson and his buddy had to stay up most of the night butchering 13 of them. ThT bunch has evidently relocated.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP