My original concerns were, erroneously, high nutrient levels so I thought up this experiment to help reduce the nitrient levels. I based this concern on murky waters, thick funky blooms and a previous outbreak of FA. I also started dabbling in water test kits last year and came to the conclusion that it was not nutrient levels, but muddy waters from the crawdads and excess watershed and clay silts. Water tests consistantly showed low (to none) nitrates and phosphates. Not that I know alot about what I am doing, but this year I decided to not spend the time on the WH since mass plant growth and harvesting the WH seemed like a waste of time. I also have other hobbies that I am stoked about this year (72 Chevy Truck). Instead, I have downsized my plant efforts to a few lilypads and last year's APW that I got from Augie. They are all in hanging baskets off the dock so the craws don't get to them. Heres the hanging basket thread...

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=520474#Post520474

All in all, I enjowed the WH and may do it again another year, but for now...I am going to concentrate on the muddy water, crawdad populations, wierd DO levels, and potted water veggies. That's enough for this year I think!

Fish on!,
Noel