Theo G., I think your first point is excellent. My own company is guilty of not using our own website to even 50% of it's full potential for targeted marketing. Because certain fields in the registration process are not required, Pond Boss can't (with ease anyway) derive the correlation between the forum and it's paying customers.

In your second point, you mentioned how you found Pond Boss; someone else, rangersedge I think, mentioned how he found it to.

I was on some broke-ass, hard-to-use fish or lake forum, I believe from one of the southern states.
There was not a lot of activity, and one guy had a post that hadn't been answered in days or months.

Someone posted a reply saying to go ask the question at this place called pondboss.com. He said you'll get a quick answer there. I think that someone was Bill Cody if I remember correctly.

If you had to guess what percentage of "active" pond owners in North America have seen this forum, what would you guess? 10%? 15%?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."