Took a little time and fished the pond from the boat. In a couple of hrs I caught two bg and 11 lmb 6 of them were in the 11" range and the others were 3 16" that looked to be a little thinner than I want but maybe due to post spawn. One 15", one 17" and a 20 1/2' lmb that was post spawn but still in the 7lb range. Not a bad fishing trip catching most all of them on a weightless June bug colored lizard. But as I fish around I have seen where the vegetation is getting pretty bad with half the pond having submerged plants growing down to at least 6' depths. Most of it is bushy pondweed growing in 3 to 6' water and I found what I believe is Widgeon grass in the deeper edges in 6' water. I also have American pond weed that grows mostly in the 2 to 4' water depths. I am concerned to say the least. I do have Grass carp at 3 1/3 fish per acre. These were 14" when added early last fall. Hay! if they eat 3 times their wt per day then 30 lbs per day of vegetation might be consumed. That's not much considering what I am seeing. I may have to add some chemical treatment before long. I don't want to but?

Lots of bg at two feeders, one feeder down right now. I could use a bg spawn!

Last edited by TGW1; 04/25/20 12:06 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy