Two thoughts:

1) I'm not sure Pond Boss has any way of knowing if Forum users are Magazine subscribers or not, given the prevalence of Handles here on the website. I don't think they know I subscribe, given that my subscription is not made out to my logon name. A change in the registration procedure/page, even if only a simple "do you subscribe to Pond Boss and under what name/address," would provide this info for the staff, who I assume would find it useful to decide if the website was supporting the magazine or vice versa.

2) I found this website due to the Pond Boss articles, mostly by Bob Lusk, which are reprinted at BassResource.com. I didn't have any idea anything like Pond Boss, magazine or forum, existed before that. So I think some way of getting the word out about Pond Boss could open the way up for a lot of other users/subscribers.
After a fairly short time reading material from the forum, I knew I had to try a subscription. Even though I would continue to subscribe if the website became defunct, I strongly support the use of banner ads to help keep up the website. I used to frequent a couple of other web forums which never had any ads that are just plain gone now - no way to access all that invaluable information. I would much rather see some ads here, even with the increase in download time, than have all this incredibly useful info go away. Plus, I'd miss you guys.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]