Originally Posted by neopond
In January I experienced some water condensation in one of my air lines to a diffuser. In my case a seller's description of the air hose as "weighted" was inaccurate. I used a series of bricks to weigh down the line. Despite using six to eight bricks along a 50' hose run, the line tends to float between bricks. This resulted in "humps" and places for moisture to condense. I observed almost no airflow from that diffuser in January and the pressure gauge showed an increase of about 1.5 PSIG above normal operating conditions. I pulled the diffuser and let it "vent" for about one hour. Upon returning the diffuser to the water, the pressure reading on the gauge returned to normal and airflow from the diffuser returned to normal. It doesn't take much water in the air line to begin choking off airflow. If a piece of debris somehow becomes lodged in your air line it would have a similar effect. A gauge is your friend in helping to diagnose pressure changes. I use the gauge to determine a baseline pressure and if that pressure indication changes, I know something needs investigated. In a way it can be counter-intuitive-- increased pressure on the gauge can mean decreased airflow. And in my case- a partially obstructed air line from water condensation. All good tips from others that replied too.

I drilled 1/16" holes every inch around diffuser (soaker hose type-because I have another setting here), worked normal for about an hour then slowly fizzled out. New diffuser will run the same amount of time and also slows and stops.