Our waterfall has weathered very well. We do love having it for the sound when we walk and sit by the pond. I really do think that it warms the pond when we run it in the day and cools the pond when we run it at night in the summer.

We have been finding between 3-5 new ribbons every day still. I am sure we have taken out 5 million eggs or more this year so far. We have given buckets of eggs to four friends with ponds this year. My wife and I pull the eggs and place the bucket at our mailbox. Then our friends drop by and pour the eggs into a cooler for transport. There is always a bottle of vodka or whisky in our mailbox after too..weird eh.

We do have only a couple of walleye in our pond. If I could get more I would, in Ontario Canada it is just about impossible to get 6-8".

I am wondering if I can have too many shiners. Currently the shiners are spawning and I have never in my life caught shiners so big. I really thought they only grew to 7-8" but lately 10-12" easy. Maybe they are more of a creek chub.

Attached Images
ShinerChub.jpg
Last edited by DonoBBD; 04/05/20 11:45 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.