The pond is 50+ years old. It is about 14’ deep in the deepest sections and has an average depth of about 8-10 foot in half of the pond while the other half is about 3-4’ deep. It’s filled by a small creek and drainage. I have only owned it for going on 2 years now. Fish that I have confirmed by catching that we’re stocked at some point in the past: Spotted/Kentucky bass, black crappie, bull head catfish, bluegill, a few green sunfish, and there are a few grass carp.

I’ve also in the last year stocked: 10lbs of golden shiners (haven’t seen a single one since I stocked them last spring), 35 LMB Florida strain that were between 1.5-5lbs each, 70 albino catfish 4-10”, and 15,000 live red swamp crawfish from Louisiana. Since last spring I’ve also run a Texas Fish Feeder for my bg and would go through about 3 bags of “gamefish fish feed” from the farm store per month until October when I stopped adding feed. I’ve since started my feeder back up 2 weeks ago. At my feeder the blue gill are the only thing besides turtles and the dang Canadian geese that I witness taking the feed. I can catch large crappie 10” up to 15” year round. Bass fishing is always good. The bass are healthy too (not skinny) and 90% are 10-13” with a few Kentucky’s that are 7 plus pounds (we are less than a few ounces away from breaking the Missouri state recode on Spotted bass/Kentucky’s). That said there isn’t much in between those sizes. They are common up to 1.5lbs. With almost none caught in the 3-6 lb range, but several over 7lbs. I even started marking the the big ones just to make sure I wasn’t seeing the same huge fish caught over and over. Last year 6 spotted bass were caught over 7lbs.

Last edited by Nathan&Kelly; 04/04/20 11:25 PM.