Needing some advice. I have a 4+ acre pond that normally has a heavy weed bed extending out about 10-15 feet out. But last year and this year I’m treating it with Diquat to remove 50-70% of the weed beds. Clear water about 20 inch visibility at most times sometimes more. I have Loads of 9-12 inch black crappie and also loads of 10-13” bass with several caught each year over 7lbs. Very few bluegill. My goal is to have a trophy bass lake, the crappie are fun but big bass is my goal. Last year I put 15 thousand live crawfish in the pond and also stocked several lbs of golden shiners too. All in an attempt to grow my bass. This year I’ve decided to do a major culling of the crappie. In the last 10 days we’ve removed 138 10+” crappie. My question is how many crappie should I take out total to not decimate the entire population but kick start my bass growth? The 138 crappie only took about 3 hours of fishing to catch btw. It’s been insane. What do you guys think would be the right number to take out?

Last edited by Nathan&Kelly; 04/04/20 03:34 PM.