I have been searching this forum a lot over the last few months and figured it was time for me to finally make a post and try to get a few of my questions answered. I purchased property with a small 1/4 acre spring fed pond on it about a year ago. Currently the pond does not have an overflow pipe and just flows over the dam. The pond also has filled in alot over the years and needs cleaned out.

There aren't any contractors in my area that specialize in biulding ponds but I have found someone who feels pretty confident about cleaning it out and putting in my drain. He has cleaned out a good bit of ponds in the last few years. I plan to have him dig out a spot in the dam to install 4" PVC and turn it up to my desired water level and cut it off. I have read on this forum about people using anti-seep collars on the pipe but I do not know anything about them. I have asked a few people with ponds that live around me and noone has used one. Most recommended just using bentonite clay.

I am going to talk this over with the guy doing my excavation work but wanted to get some of your opinions on what route I should go with the overflow pipe. I am currently draining the pond with a siphon I made and a trash pump. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

I