Maybe this isn't a super useful comment, but your situation reminds me a lot of my family pond situation, the main difference being that you have an opportunity to start from scratch, which is a luxury that enables you to question the status quo and dream a bit. I would just add on to Snipe and TJ's advice regarding LMB: Think very long and hard before adding LMB, and take your time in making the decision to add them, because once they're added, they limit your choices, and there's no going back to a LMB-free pond without draining and nuking it. This isn't a bad thing if you love LMB and BG, which many people do, but if you'd like to experiment with any other type of pond (e.g., with SMB and/or HSB as apex predator), you have one chance to try it, and that's before the LMB are added. Then, if you don't like your alternative apex predator, you can then always stock LMB and the balance will over time shift towards a LMB and BG pond (because of them being prolific reproductively, and LMB just being such a dominant, large-mouthed/gaped predator).

If you decide to experiment with something else, there are many people around here with experience with ponds having SMB and/or HSB as the apex predator.

I don't have the years of experience managing fisheries as others here, so please defer to them, but I will just throw in my limited experience with an incredibly similar pond to back up TJ's comments above. My pond is in the Appalachians of southern PA, similar in size and shape, fed by a similar-sounding watershed, surrounded by trees like yours, etc. Prior to last year, our pond was predominantly a LMB and BG pond, but Dad was and is really excited about YP and generally cares more about catching plenty of decent-sized panfish than having any big bass, so we went on a big mission last year to shift the balance. The LMB would ruin our plans of having much a YP fishery, so we fished hard pre-spawn to remove nearly all LMB and BG, and I trapped and cast netted all spring and summer to manage the pond into a decent balance for our YP to have a chance (our water is quite clear, and I grew quite familiar with 2 LMB after hunting them all summer, so there's a chance there are only 2 LMB left). In summary, the LMB were and will be our perennial headache regarding having a sustained YP population, but with near zero LMB, then BG's reproduction is hard to control. We did end up stocking feed-trained YP and a few RES last spring.

I'll just highlight TJ's comment as a possibility in a SMALL pond, because I saw from a year with BG and almost no apex predator that it is possible to control your BG population with lots of manual effort (BIG NOTE: Do not try this in a large BOW, because if you think about it from an impact per unit manual effort, trapping all year and removing 1000 YoY BG makes a difference in a small pond, but in a 10 acre lake, removing 1000 YoY doesn't make even the slightest dent.). I also got a great reaction from our feed trained YP in feeding them cut pieces of BG YoY, so I agree with TJ that, if you're willing to spend plenty of time at your pond trapping and feeding, you can turn a slight BG overpopulation issue into a fun activity and an opportunity for free feed to help your feed-trained predators grow even faster.