Originally Posted by Augie
Originally Posted by FireIsHot

Augie, first thanks for posting. Early in this thread I invited all to correct any of my mis-statements, and I was hoping someone with first hand knowledge would catch any errors.

So, I have questions for you. Are the virus treatments class related, or are there treatments specific to certain virus'? Also, are there any drugs that have shown to be effective on both virus and bacterial infections?

Could you also explain the patent protection deal?

Thanks again.

At risk of getting too far off into the weeds of political corruption/crony capitalism/etc. I will simply say that if there is no patent there is no profit to be made.
If there is no profit to be made there is no incentive for production. Big Pharma is not your friend. The FDA is not your friend.
That's as far as I'll go on that topic. I don't really want to be kicked off the forum.

There are many treatments/preventative measures for viral infection that have been used since ancient times.
Anyone that's old enough to remember when Gramma had a milk cow knows that she always put a buffalo nickel or two in the milk jug to keep the milk "fresh".
The Romans knew that using silver tableware would keep you from getting sick.
Colloidal silver solution is available commercially, or can be manufactured at home with the right equipment, and is extremely effective against both viral and
bacterial infection.
Vitamin C infusions are very effective - they are being used against COVID19 in Asia right now.
Various plant oils are also proven effective against viral infection - clove, bergamot, eucalyptus, red thyme, and tea tree to name a few.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) remedies have been evaluated and found effective in modern clinical trials.

As far as the various use cases/delivery methods/efficacy against this vs. that... it would be necessary to link every clinical trial/research study/etc. that
is available on the subject. I'm not a licensed physician, so would be on thin ice legally if I were to recommend a treatment protocol to anyone for anything.
That said, the information is out there, and so far has not been suppressed by the google machine.

I will recommend to anyone that may be skeptical of the modern western allopathic medical system - find a Chinese doctor who went to med school in the
US, AND is trained in TCM.

Dr. Simon Yu in St. Louis is one such physician. I would probably not be here now if I hadn't found him. http://www.preventionandhealing.com

I get all that, so thanks for the explanation.

AL