Originally Posted by Zep
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Being asymptomatic doesn't make it go away though. I may be wrong, but you can still infect others without having personal S&S. The virus still runs it's course.

Gotcha Al...makes sense to me...

Hey one question...it may be a dumb question....it would be nearly impossible to die or be hospitalized if a person was "asymptomatic" correct?

Mark, there are no dumb questions right now. Valid information needs to be searched out and shared. As to your question, I wouldn't know, but I would think you're correct.

My better half, who was a Parkland Hosp SICU nurse for over 20 years, had to deal with isolated incidents with other extremely contagious diseases with similar patient respiratory issues when she was there. Pt isolation, full medical haz mat suits for staff, etc., etc., and she said it's a horrible way to die. It's extremely stressful for the hospital staff as well. Hospital nutritional staff, bed control, cleanup services, all have their daily routines affected by contagious diseases. 10 pts with gunshot wounds are far easier for hospital staff to manage than a single contagious pt.

Having said all that, we're doing what's recommended, and are attempting to adjust to the new normal. It may be here for a while.

AL