I have talked to three different DR buddies and all three separately said the same thing. This is NOT the flu. This is MUCH worse than the flu. They said numbers are changing rapidly so very fluid. Current thinking is if one person contracts the flu they infect one other. If one person contracts corona they infect 3 ot 5 others. Current CDC estimates are between 160 million and 214 million US residents WILL catch corona. They are HOPING death rate will be much lower than initial estimates - HOPING for 1.4%. Run those numbers... 180 million folks times 1.4% = 2.5 million dead (low # of infected and low kill rate). Oh yeah, there are currently 950,000 hospital beds in the US. Those will fill up quick which = a higher death rate.

I was skeptical at first, but after talking to those guys that changed. I am still hoping maybe this hyped up and the outcome will just be something like the flu. There are currently friends of friends in ICU already in my town. A couple folks on the back end of it and they went through hell and they aren't the sickly kind of people.

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 03/20/20 10:19 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management