Originally Posted by liquidsquid
I purchased 4 units of SoilFloc that should arrive Tuesday (Pending the crazy taking place). I plan on treating the dam side of the pond fairly heavily. Right now the chara is at a minimum, but there are leaves here and there.

I was expecting a few hands with this process, but due to this corona virus issue, it looks like I only have a wife and a 13yo PIA to help. What ideas do you have to help apply this stuff? I have to be creative now, but could still likely get a few supplies to help this go well.

So far I have bright nylon twine and large nails to mark off the areas to cover in a sort of grid. I plan on inflating my float boat, but worried about spills making it impossible to work.

What about tossing in slat instead of bentonite to weigh things down to help it sink? I figured even the dissolved salt will cause the expanding material to be heavier than the surrounding water, bringing it down. Since I have some salt left over from winter, it is fair game.

I look forward to your results, and any tips you get. How much are you loosing per day?

Bob

I Subscribe To Pond Boss