The neighbor's pond is more of a sediment trap that was originally used for saltwater storage. I was told the state reworked it about 12 years ago perhaps for floodwater control. It's probably close to 5ac right now. Mostly very shallow with a quarter ac hole that did not dry out last year. When it overflows into my wetland it can really flood! There's no stopping it. Last year we had 6" of water flowing out of the wetland and over the road. Too much water is a rarity in this area of Texas.
Here is my pond yesterday. The expansion area is closest to the 1918 Acme 12x12 steam engine. I was told there are only 3 known to exist! It was used to drill oil wells. They would use a combustion engine once they hit oil and natural gas. I restarted the siphon yesterday with the fish excluder to at least keep some trash fish out. Heading out there soon to check the water level.
Also planted two cypress trees yesterday as a tribute to college days and working on the Guadalupe river.

Attached Images
Screenshot_20200307-134015_Gallery.jpg

How are you going to know unless you try!

NW TX 2ac main pond fed from 1100ac watershed going through 2 2+ac sediment ponds. 1st filled 10/2018
900BG, 200RES, 200HBG, 100CC and 23# FHM...."Free" BH, GSF GSH, LMB & ??? 75LMB 3/2020
I subscribe!