I go through almost exactly a full bag per season but I only hand throw and unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow an every night, same time option. I always do a same place throw and that works well. They are lined up and ready.

But I wanted to give flexibility in sizes. To do that you either have to hand grind, or smash with hammer to get random sizes including some powdered result. pre-soaking helps a lot as the soft gooy pellets ooze fish oil and it is easy for smaller fish to slurp it up.

But what I did was I bought a bag of the Jr size and the regular size and mixed. I then split it half and half and gave half to someone else. You could also take a one of their starter sizes (Starter 2 or 4) and mix with Optimal BG JR size and have a great blend.

wait! checked their web page, what happened to Starter #3? I guess everyone skips 3rd grade and goes from 2nd to 4th grade?

I also see at the store that they now offer 10 pound buckets, that would make it easier for me to get smaller quantities for mixing.\

If folks from Optimal are reading this can you answer a question? If I bought the 10# product in a bucket, how big is that bucket by volume? Is that a standard 1 gallon bucket or 2 gallon bucket?

Thanks