One thing I've learned about buying rural property of any kind: Drive around and look at the neighbors. Some years back I was driving around and noticed a for sale sign on a place about 5 miles from mine. It had a trashed out trailer house that I figured would have to go. That didn't bother me. I figured that I could keep it for about 5 years, hunt it, improve it and resell for a profit. I contacted a realtor that I know and found that it was pretty well under priced. Then I drove down a dead end road that it fronted. I found a couple of "residences" that looked like a scene out of the movie Deliverance. A bunch of guys were standing around that were absolute white trash. No way I wanted to be involved with or even around that bunch. It took 3 or 4 years for the place to sell. And, the price kept dropping.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP