Originally Posted By: Uncle Shawn
Anthropic,

All valid points that we have taken into consideration. We have narrowed down our search results right now to East Texas. I don't plan to dig a well to provide water for the pond. I will need to dig a well to provide water for the house that we build. Anyone out there have a well dug in the last 12 months in Eastern Texas? I'm curious to know average depth and average cost. I would assume that drilling itself would be between 15 and 30 bucks a foot for Eastern Texas type terrain. Right now I have two properties in my crosshairs. Both in Lamar County. Thank you all for the warm greeting and the Intel.

Shawn

Great, you are way ahead of me! Visibility to the public was a serious consideration in my case, particularly since I'm not on site all the time. Cormorants and otters aren't the only poachers we have to look out for!

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160