Originally Posted By: saint_abyssal

Yikes. I wonder how the crays are managing to withstand predation from your bass. Do you feed your fish? Maybe the crayfish are sustaining a high population on leftover food.

To be clear...I overstocked the craws prior and during my fist year of stocking HSB and HBG. I was having alot of fun in the creek trapping, netting them, and transplanting them...I could not stop myself.

I thought the 40 HSB that I stocked would put the hammer on them right out of the gate, but my theory is that many of the craws outgrew the mouth gape of the HSB and are still there. I do not see many small craws so I think they are providing food for all the fish and IF the HSB have a taste for them...the craw population will soon be diminishing as they should exceed 3 pounds this year. I did trap out over 150 last year...they were all about 4 inches long with the occasional 3 incher...nothing smaller hence my theory that the youth are being eaten and my overabundance of craws are original adults.

I do enjoy feeding the craws, however, and they likely get alot of leftovers from the fish being fed.

Fish on!,
Noel