Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Thanks TJ. I did all of that but zip tie the lid down. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount a 110 conibear into the lid and make that access easy for critters to enter by.

Conibear 120 support

This is to be used to hold a conibear 120 (110 with 2 springs)in hard ground vertically to keep it from tipping over. I imagine you could weave the bottom of it into the mesh had cut 2 slits for the springs. This fits getween the jaws and the lilttie posts at the top fit between the round spring ends that are by the rivet when the trap is set.

To hake the hole smaller where the trigger wires are, run a thin piece of wire from one trigger wire to another. That prevents a mink from squeezing between the wires when they are spread out wide.

You might be able to accomplish the same thing by taking 2 pieces of 1/8" steel rod and putting it between the jaws and laying it flat over a hole you cut in the lid, then make 2 slits in the netting for the spring to open without bouncing the trap up in the air.

Tomorrow if I remember I'll take a picture of what I'm talking about.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).