Thanks for that link Bill. I checked the road time from there to my door, and it's about 2 and half hours. At Stoney Creek hatchery , they put the fish in oxygen infused bags and they do just fine for the one
hour drive back home. Even in the warmer weather they survive a one hour ride with no casualties.

I'll first try calling Stoney Creek to see if they can get some for me as they are only an hour away.

The biologist there told be that some people from the upper peninsula came down for some trout and those trout survived an 8 hour ride back in the same type of O2 infused bags in 5 gallon buckets. It was early spring so the temps helped for that long of a trip without aerators. I would think that a 2 and half hour trip, the the RES would be fine if done early in the year when spring temps make transporting less stressful. As well, bring more buckets and have less of them put in each.

I'd like to get about 25 to start and see how they do.
How prolific are they? Is there a chance they could overpopulate the pond? How will the other fish do with the introduction of 25 of these? Can someone give me the possible downside to introducing them.

I do like the idea of interrupting the black grub disease at it's source and would not like to see the perch get peppered with them as I've seen in some ponds and even in some shallower lakes. The two I had on the perch the other day were the first I've seen on any fish in the pond. Getting ahead of what could be a problem seems like the right thing to do.

The pond is .6 acre and has about 200 to 300 HBG, and about 200 YP, and have no idea how many bass, but the eagles and owls like them, a boy scout caught one and released it that was just shy of 23 inches and weighed 7 lbs on an old de-liar. I did not see that fish but was told about it from the prior owner of the property. I've caught a few different year classes of LMB, and the largest I've caught was 18", but I was fishing for the HBG when I caught it.

I noted that their prices at Imlay city on HBG and YP are the same pricing at Stoney Creek hatchery, so they may have the same supplier.

I'll make some calls and post the results. Thanks again.

Last edited by corgi; 02/05/20 07:17 PM.