Tracy, as far as I know, the Sweeney's won't throw 1" pellets. They are rated for up to 1/2" pellets, so they throw my Cargill 3/8" pellets like butter. Maybe they'll add an 1" auger option at some point, but I would think it would have to be a dedicated feeder for that though. Smaller food might be thrown by the pound with the Sweeney. I've made an aluminum plate that blocks half of the auger opening when throwing smaller food on one of the Sweeneys.

A 5 second throw by a TH, and a 5 second throw by a Sweeney are 2 different animals. I cut Sweeney feeder throw times down by 1-2 seconds to get the same volume as the TH. I loved my TH feeders, but I will say it is much easier to throttle down the fish food flow on a Sweeney, than it is to open it up on a TH. Both are great feeders.

I haven't researched 1" capable pellet feeders because I drive by the dam pier a dozen times a day. That and my HSB are ghosts most of the time. I only stocked 20, and they don't always feed consistently, so I always start with a hand throw of 4-5 pellets. Some days they'll eat half of a big coffee can, and other days they're nowhere to be found.

Now a question for you feed trained LMB guys/gals. Did you up the throw times to match the LMB growth?

AL