I did some experimenting before I used the alum/lime treatment. Using a 5 gal bucket of pond water and started adding grams of alum to determine how many sks of alum to use. I stayed with Rex's recommendations of 2 alum to 1 hydrated lime when I treated the pond. For total gin clear water it came up to around 112 sks for this 3 acre pond. I wound up using 89 sks with 45 sks of lime. I added it to 1/2 the pond. My thinking was the other half of the ponds might act as a refuge for the fish during treatment. And I figured the pond water would blend at some point. I wound up with water clarity going from 9" to 36" and within a few days it settled in at 30" of water with a green tent. There have been no other headaches. But I will say I now have vegetation growing in the pond. Bushy Pondweed is growing where I had none before. I'm pretty sure the veg growth is due to more light penetration the ponds bottom. I did the treatment because of high detritus most likely being disturbed/suspended by the bottom diffusers

Last edited by TGW1; 01/21/20 11:07 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy