Optimal feeds have a date of mfg on the bag, and have a typical "use by" date of 12 months. The nutrient pack in the food slowly starts to lose potency just like vitamins and meds. BUT that doesn't mean that it goes bad at the flip of a switch. I have fed Optimal feed that was kept in an outbuilding 2 years later and the fish didn't seem to care one bit.

Feed keeps best if it's kept cool and dry, especially the dry part. You don't want to feed damp or moldy feed. When talking with the guys at Optimal, they put the "12 month" information out thinking about feed stored in a metal building in Texas....

I have had Optimal shipped to me and FedEx left the boxes outside the building NOT in protective plastic bags and we had a 2" rain event. The bags inside the boxes were fine, as was the food. The boxes were a soggy mess.

If you want to mix Bass and Bluegill feed, get the 125# capacity feeder. You can mix both bags together in the feeder even if you have some feed still in the feeder.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).