I have seen declining turkey numbers in my area in recent yrs, I primarily blame it on a mass influx of coons robbing nests, they don't have a chance to hatch, I have a coyote on my game cameras occasionally but I don't think they are thick enough, (right in that area) where my farm is to be the cause, coons on the other hand, are thick as all get out, nothing to have several at a time on cameras, with fur prices down they don't get trapped or hunted anymore. I aim to make a difference in their populations in the near future, somehow.
As for bureaucracies controlling local land, don't get me started on that, I was thinking the WOTUS thing has been pretty much downgraded, a national association I belong to fought that pretty hard back in the days when they were trying to enforce it. But we did have a subdivision here locally that the houses where we are building on, and some that already been built, were all of a sudden classified as being in a flood plain, although these houses and the land was on a hill 25 to 30 ft higher in elevation then the actual flood plain, some engineering Einstein in Dallas had decided to rewrite floodplain boundaries as he wanted to. Insurance companies were dropping homeowners due to their houses now being in a floodplain, They had to hire lawyers, surveyors and huge costs and paperwork to prove that they were 25 ft above any possible flood, 20 miles from any river. all because some irresponsible idiot 600 miles away, that worked for the government, decided to redraw some boundaries without having a clue what he was doing.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.