14:20 on light period and still holding 76 degs.
I wish I had great things to report but something has changed that has caused the spotfin to cease spawning activity in the last 2 weeks and this am I found 3 dead.
checked water quality and nothing has changed that I can attribute the loss to. Ammonia non existent, O2 good, no Nitrate changes, etc..
All 3 spotfin were large (89-92mm) so I don't know.
I do have fry-have no clue what species because I have bluntnose actively guarding a few places under rocks and obviously had eggs from spotfins.
I did note some activity from the red shiners swimming tightly together then darting off to other end of tank although I never could see any eggs expelled during these maneuvers.
What fry I could net I've transferred to a smaller tank with planktonic growth and a bit of brine shrimp every couple of days or so If I'm lucky enough to get them to hatch-been pretty inconsistent there-also using optimal powdered starter.
I'm suspecting there has been some fry consumed rather quickly upon hatching as I've only collected "maybe" 100.
As much as I hate to admit it, I think 3-5 fish of each species would be best in a tank of their own. As they've grown in size I feel like the number of fish I have are too many and are possibly causing stress to each other. Time will tell.