Bill I am not the best writer so hard for me to get exactly what I am thinking into words.

I feel pretty confident that we can get an open hole now that I understand the true problem which is doming.

My next problem is this (I THINK): how do I get an open hole without moving SO much water that I mix the bottom layer of water which I think is keeping the bacteria active and consuming DO. I would like to oxygenate the top of the water column and sacrifice the lower water. Let it go anoxic and hopefully shut the bacteria down.

FOR EXAMPLE:

I THINK if I place a diffuser on the bottom of the lake in 4' of water I am going to continue feeding O2 to the soil water interface/bacteria and I will be fighting that bacterias' O2 consumption all winter.

I THINK if I suspended a diffuser station some shallow depth below the waters surface (3', 4', etc) over 20' deep water, I could keep a hole open, oxygenate the water BUT not provide oxygen to the soil water interface. In theory I THINK that should choke out the bacteria and put a stop to the majority of my BOD???

Thoughts?

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 01/16/20 02:12 PM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management