Update and a question on my 1/10 acre pond renovation.

First the question. I am cutting down several 24" diameter cottonwoods that will be in about 4' of water if I can get the pond sealed with SoilFloc. Am hoping to get an excavator to dig out the stumps and fill in the holes with dirt from the bottom/sides of the pond. I'm concerned about the stump holes needing time for the dirt to settle, and also about the cottonwood roots sprouting all over the place even though I'm putting Tordon RTU on each stump as soon as it is cut. How long should I wait before applying SoilFloc?

Second, the update. Unseasonably nice weather here in southeast Nebraska. Highs in the 40s and even lower 50s through Thursday this week, so my chainsaw has been seeing daily duty. Got about 1/3 of the trees cut down including all of them that were on the face of the dam. Big brush piles to burn this Spring or Summer. Hope the excavator can handle the cottonwood logs, anything over about 16" is too much for my chainsaw and tractor. There is a place nearby where they can get put, wish someone around here had a use for them. HOWEVER, as I type this on Friday there are several inches of snow on the ground and more on the way, with a high of 22 tomorrow. So may not get back down there for a month or two as it's about 400 yards from the house on a north facing slope.