Originally Posted By: TucknDucks
esshup, thanks for the reply. I just want to clarify. Are you saying if I only have 1 airline coming from the compressor but it has a dual diffuser head (tandem within 1 foot of each other), it will move more water than one airline with a single diffuser head?

Yes, 2 diffusers will move more water than 1 diffuser. Now without testing the GPM moved to the surface, how far or close they are spaced will make a difference too. Putting them at the correct spacing will move more water to the surface than 2 single heads. How far apart? I can't answer that question, I go by the chart that Vertex published years ago.

And if it does move more water then do I need a more powerful compressor to run the tandem head?

Maybe but most likely yes. I can only go by the Vertex diffuser disks, I have that information memorized. They need between 0.5 CFM (minimum) and 1.25 CFM (maximum) They will handle more CFM, but the slits will become larger due to the increased CFM and they will become more inefficient due to the larger bubble size. Now when you calculate the CFM, you have to use the compressor mfg's CFM/pressure chart - for every 1' water depth that the diffuser disk has above it you will see approximately 0.5 psi backpressure on the compressor

Thanks

Last edited by esshup; 01/08/20 09:18 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).