Save your $ on FHM stocking and invest in other forage types or boost investment on YP and GSH stocking. FHM are an expensive snack in an established fishery. Too bad the hatcheries never dispense this advice. A guy I know in NE does 90% of his fish business selling FHM to established fisheries all over the state, primarly HOA's that have little to zero awareness of fishery management but have an annual budget to spend. It's a great business, for him I guess...but I won't sell FHM to any of my clients due to my perceived breach in ethics unless it's part of our initial stocking strategy. GSH, Shrimp, Crayfish, YP??? You bet, all day long, and with a clear conscience!

Regarding your WE stocking, I recommend periodic supplemental stocking programs to my clients. Depending on catch and growth rates it will dictate the number to ladder stock. Density of apex predator population is an important factor to keep in mind - we don't want to deplete the forage base or all predator suffer from low growth rates and poor body condition. Still, I'd wager your 2.5 AC fishery could handle a standing population of around 50-75 adult WE provided the forage base is strong, and up to 50 in the 1.5 AC fishery. These are very broad recommendations - allow your sampling results [frequency of angling] and WR to determine the right qty for your unique fishery. Your fisheries may tell a much different story and you'll need to adjust these numbers.

I think you may face a bit of a challenge with presence of LMB in both fisheries to get the WE population strong, but I have fished some decent WE fisheries with LMB present so it can be done.

Hope some of this helps...I'd double down on the GSH and YP stocking if your predator WR and growth rates are suffering and cull any LMB under 100 for starters. If the YP are too expensive focus on the GSH.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]