Hi everyone- So I posted before about a property with a pond I am looking at buying. thanks for the amazing feedback so far!

See attached photos for seepage issue. The pond is 6 acres, dammed with an 8ft earthen dam built in 1965. The current owner had it for 30 years and didn't maintain it. The standpipe rusted out and was filled in with dirt so outflow is over a vegetated spillway. There are some large trees on backside and toe of the dam and woody brush. The pond is springfed and completely full, with decent flow over the spillway. The springs feeding it must be strong enough.

Clearly, I have to remove smaller trees and brush and bring back to grass. Not sure if you can remove large trees safely. Am I looking at complete rebuild, spot repairs, or just bring back grass and watch it? Can these things be stable years an years, or is this the beginning of the end? The photos are after a snowfall. Several spots on the dam look like seep. One area is below a large tree, roots I guess. No gushing water, if there is a trickle its hard to see. Take a look at photos, comments welcome.

Goal is pond full of water to kayak that won't collapse. I am not afraid to invest in this, but dont want to rebuild it if not necessary!!

thanks! Jim

Attached Images
Spillway.small.jpg Seep area.small.jpg back of dam.small.jpg downstream.small.jpg