I have a 4 acre pond in Kansas.  The depth is from 3-10 feet with most being 6 feet or less.  I moved to the property a few years back and it used to be very turbid with maybe 6-8 inches of visibility.  Then last year I had a around 50 carp die off (carp disease) and the water cleared up some.  With the water clearing up I also got FA along the entire bottom and edges of my pond.  I sprayed and raked it to try and keep it under control as much as I could but it was an endless chore. I plan to add aeration this spring and am treating the pond with beneficial bacteria, but it really sucks to not be able to throw most of my bass lures without getting FA strung on them.  That gets me to my question.  Would tilapia be a solution to this situation or would it only make a slight dent and not be worth the money?  Or should I stay the course with aeration and beneficial bacteria and expect that it will take care of it? I appreciate your thoughts. P.S. Yes, I know that all the tilapia would die off next winter so that also plays into whether it would be worth it.