Quote:
my concern would be if I fully stock them in recommended amounts, am I not short stocked on baitfish, since it was only half stocked?

gehajake, that you stocked around 190 BG per acre did not go unnoticed by me. I don't however think you are under stocked for standard stocking of LMB. The 190/acre grew rapidly should be breeding come spring if they were not in September. They will produce prodigious quantities of fry next year and probably more than if you had stocked at twice the rate. In a hatchery setting, 40 pairs or about 30 - 40 lbs of adults is optimum for producing fingerlings. There will be plenty of food next year. It will be subsequent years that will be limiting if only because the LMB will be much larger.

Quote:
and would the fact that the bluegill have unlimited access to other baitfish fry such and FH minnows and such improve the survival rate of some of my bass yoy?

To have LMB yoy the first obstacle is a successful spawn. BG would like to eat the eggs in the LMB nest and if the BG cause enough damage and wear the male LMB down ... there is a good chance he will abandon the nest and all will be lost. The LMB fry themselves, though some will be eaten by BG, would probably recruit sufficiently provided they swim up and reach the stage they are fending for themselves.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers