In response to the fish stocking scenario that Bob Lusk laid out, that is a beautiful scenario and one I tried to follow, in 19, my first yr, I have stocked approx 75 lbs of golden shiners, 60 lbs of of fatheads, 3000 BG and 3000 redears, what my fish supplier recommended, in what at the time was about 7 acres of water, all spawned multiple times and there are literally millions of fry of all sizes in the water, now the lake is closer to full, going to be around 16A when full, and am planning on introducing my predator fish this coming spring, My question is, if I understock my predator fish, as if it was still 7 to 8A, and let them proliferate and fill the lake to fish capacity on its own, save myself quite a few bucks and possible just slow my cull rate back a few yrs, would that be a viable option? I should still have quite a few bass get to the sizes in the time frame you described, just not as many, and Im fine with that for the money it will save me. Thanks a bunch for any input! I'm just wanting to make sure I get my ratio close to correct in the beginning.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.