It's very difficult and inefficient to move dirt any significant distance with a dozer, especially a small dozer like I have. Front-end loaders work well but are limited by the size of the bucket. The answer for most construction projects is the dump truck.

On a ranch, with needs for multipurpose equipment, a dump truck has limited utility. Also, since they are usually purchased after their "golden" years, they are often a mechanical nightmare. The answer...I give to you is the dump trailor.

This marvelous tool can carry dirt, spread mulch, deliver fencing materials, haul off manure, carry lime, etc., etc. Mine, which was recently purchased, is relatively small but will carry about 6 yards of clay anywhere I want to put it. The dumping operation is handled from the tractor seat. Never have to move. Just let it go and get the next load. It is rated at 3 tons for hauling, but can lift/dump up to 10 tons

For a small time pond builder like me, it is just a perfect tool...and my wife has already figured out that it can carry and spread mulch. My cost was $3K. Larger ones cost more, of course. If you want a general purpose mover of materials, this is it guys.