Originally Posted By: snrub
Originally Posted By: Heppy
Does anyone know the difference between HSB (female white bass x male striped bass) and HSB (male white bass x female striped bass)? I’m guessing maximum size but have no factual information. The reason that I ask is either cross is available from different hatcheries with the HSB (male white bass x female striped bass) being more expensive.
Thanks,
Heppy

Once upon a time through an internet search I ran across an article about the different HSB crosses. Might have been Pond Boss, might have been a bass fishing magazine, don't remember. But it did a really good job of explaining the difference as well as some of the things mentioned here in this thread.

Thanks snrub!
Your comment about seeing it somewhere before led me to to a google search. I found this “ Produced in hatcheries, the most common hybridization is the female striped bass Morone saxatilis and the male white bass M. chrysops. This is due to the high number of eggs produced by the female striped bass. This hybrid cross, palmetto bass, typically produces a faster-growing offspring which attains larger size than the sunshine bass.“ on Wikipedia. I will look more into it.
Thanks!
Heppy