Theo, the qtr bale weight was not much. I might say 15 lbs and at the time I added it the pond the size was about an acre and a half. Today it's a little over 3 acres. At the time I added the alfalfa the pond water looked like bath water and the pond was crystal clear. The alfalfa did not kill any plankton but it started the plankton bloom. The first fish were delivered by Walt from Overton's in late November and when he saw the pond he made a comment about how nice the green water looked. I think he was expecting dirty water.

Eric, I agree with getting a water sample tested because right now I am guessing based off personal experience. I've not tested the alk. lately but the pH is in the 7 range based off test strips. I am adding a little agg lime slowly now. Plans are to add about a ton. Left from last delivery. After a added the alum/lime last spring the water looked great with visibility at or round 30" with a nice olive green tent. And then, about the time we had the first artic blast this year the water went clear. I've watched the TFS and they continue to grow so I'm guessing there is still natural food for them. The lmb. hsb and cnbg all look fat and healthy. LMB and HSB for the most part are fat and above the WR charts when comparing lengths to weights. The cnbg seem to be doing well. I was just thinking organic fertilizer (Alfalfa) might not stimulate vegetation growth and maybe get some zooplankton going. But I have not been able to find much on this subject when it comes to whether or not it will stimulate vegetation growth.

Last edited by TGW1; 12/06/19 08:06 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy