I have done a controlled burn in a 15 yr old stand of Pines. I was a little worried when I lit it up. You have to plan ahead and wait for the right weather. Purpose was to burn off the underbrush and a thick layer of pine needles. Pines also had a few small Oak trees up to maybe 15' tall. Pines can handle a burn with little to no damage to the trees. The Oaks did not survive the burn. But I have to say I was a little nervous when I lit it up. I am on the district line as to which fire dept would handle it if fire became out of hand. And so neither of the two fire dept's wanted anything to do with the controlled burn. Their final word was if it gets out of hand call 911. I finally figured out they wanted to distance themselves from anything to do with a controlled burn. I also did a controlled burn in an overgrown pasture. That burn almost got out of hand because the wind came up that morning before the burn was completed. After that burn I have not done another controlled burn because an "UN Controlled Burn" is not good. Weather has to be perfect for a burn.

Last edited by TGW1; 11/27/19 06:22 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy