I have a 4 acre pond that sits in the middle of 50 acres. Years ago, before I owned this property, the land was was pasture and the pond was always full according to the previous owner. In the 90s, they planted pines on the land up to about 10 feet surrounding the pond. This obviously killed the runoff and the pond hasn't been consistently full for years. We recently had the pines clear cut and the pond is now fuller than it has ever been this time of year since the trees got established. There are two obvious runoffs that send tons of water into the pond after the smallest rain. I plan on replanting pines next fall. I want to do so in a manner to not affect runoff as best I can. I am not going to plant where the two runoffs are coming down toward the pond. My big question is how much space should I leave between the pond bank and nearest row of pines? I'd like to leave an adequate buffer that would still allow good runoff. Also, I'm up for any other pointers on my planting that y'all might have.

Last edited by GaSoPond; 11/25/19 02:29 PM.