I think it sounds like a very cool endeavor. I am no wildlife expert or one on starting web groups so, take my comments as things to consider rather than any type of criticism.

The title is very well descriptive, but long and lacks a good acronym..."MLWHEN". I am having difficulty coming up with a better suggestion, but it's something to think about. "Wildlife Habitat Enthusiast's Network" kinda works..."WHEN" and is not region specific. Notice the possessive form of "Enthusiast" too, I think that is important as it lends itself to the members having some ownership.

Home page saying..."Welcome to W.H.E.N. and the way it used to be!"

Why exclude those outside the Midwest? I'm sure that there are plenty of topics that would apply from coast to coast that could be shared and benefited by all. My example would be..what if I started a group that was focused on my town that revolved around classic cars? The site might be overlooked by those in neighboring cities and states thinking that the focus was more on the small region rather than the cars.

Can the group be broken into regions for specific topics? I don't know the answer to this, but forums certainly can be. Here is a map from the US Fish and Wildlife Services that break the country into, what appears to be, areas of like terrain and climate...

Maybe I am imagining a FB "group" to be more like a forum by suggesting a break down of regions. If so, I would need to know more about how these groups function and the goals of such. I am not a FB member. My mind also takes me down a path that wants to segregate topics too like...tree planting, evasive plant control, animal population management, etc. I don't know, you tell me if this is even possible or a goal.

At any rate, it sounds like a fun thing to do and I might have to sign up to FB to be a part of your group.

Attached Images
region-map.png
Last edited by Quarter Acre; 11/22/19 08:49 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel