Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Originally Posted By: Zep
snrub...We basically went straight from summer to winter with a few nice Fall days...

That ain't no joke for sure.

Mark, I like to feed my CNBG heavily when the water's in that 60-85 degree range. It only lasted a few weeks before I had to reset the feeders for more limited winter throws.

Just a random thought, but I wonder if you could install an external waterproof switch on feeders that would cut the power to the slinger/auger, and keep it from spinning on cold fronts like this one? It doesn't matter if the blower keeps spinning on the regular cycle, but stopping the slinger/auger would sure keep a lot of wasted food out of the water without losing all your feeder settings by disconnecting the battery.

Bingo Al! This is my first year with the TH feeder and I was wishing there was a simple toggle switch to switch off the feed for a few days at a time. My fish went from gorging themselves to not a trace of interest after a 15 degree night. So I had to go set the two feedings of 5 seconds I had reduced to to zero seconds. I'm pretty sure with some warming weather I will feed some more (fed up to about the first of December the last few years). How convenient it would have been just to toggle a switch off then turn it back on when the weather warmed. Not that the timer is that hard to set, but a simple on-off for all the settings would be a welcome addition. I'm sure I could put a switch in line and do the trick, just surprised the company has not already figured that out.

Last edited by snrub; 11/16/19 09:27 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine