Coontail will provide a hiding place for BG of the right size for the larger bass. What % of the BG were appropriate size for the larger bass that it used to have? And how many smaller bass and larger BG could hide there to escape predation?

The 7 inch bass ought to be groceries for the larger bass if they can get to them. And since they had a RW of 105%, I expect they were mopping up on the BG before they got big enough to appropriately feed the larger bass. It surprises me that the bigger bass weren't mopping up on the smaller ones but the coontail could also be a wild card on that. It also comes to mind that 50% coontail could lead to an O2 crash in the big pond.

Since you didn't mention the weeds in the first post I'm probably going the wrong direction on that.

Were they feeding the BG? They must have to get to the 5 size classes.
How abundant were the BG?

Were the shock results the same for both ponds and were the past fishing results the same?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP