Been reading this forum for months, thanks for all of the info complied here! I have a 100' X 300' backyard pond, about 3/4 acre, dug 8/2016, partially filled 10/2016, with great bottom depths, 5.5' slope all the way around, as deep as 12' for half of the pond. My dream is to be able to catch LMB in numbers, 2#'s regularly, with good numbers. My pond had a fish kill in August, no rain for 5 weeks and 97° temps, lost some Threadfin shad and some bull shad? Installed aerator and 2 diffusers, water is now crystal clear, cooler, and I can't catch a fish. PH is 6.73, Alkalinity is ZERO, Hardness is 25, will need to take more readings around the pond to confirm. I ordered Dunn's Fish Farm, Trophy Grower Liquid Fertilizer but my water temps in South Louisiana are now down to 73°. I want to add the fertilizer but I've read the PH should be higher than 6.5 to 9.0, is that correct? I will acquire soil samples and get LSU to evaluate the soil mixture as to help determine how much to lime? I really want to dump some fertilizer now and then add lime after a week or so, bad idea? Thank you in advance for helping a new pond owner!

Last edited by LaBassmaster; 11/06/19 03:03 AM.