Originally Posted By: KRM1985
I like it. It looks very well thought out in my opinion. The one area I'm not sure I would like to live is the (11) single family residences to the right of the big lake but below the smaller lake surrounded by roadway.. This would mean that there would be no lake view or river view... just views of other homes....

Agreed, this project would be extremely expensive. My biggest question would be where would all of that dirt go?

I understand your sentiment on the internal lots. What you have to keep in mind is that this project is actually be in the middle of a micro-metro area. Those lots will still command about a 35% premium over a regular residential development in the area, simply because of the amenities offered. You might ask, "why have them in the first place?" The plain answer is that a developer must focus very intently on road frontage. I absolutely refuse to build single loaded roadways (roads with homes only on one side). Those types of roads destroy your profit margin as a developer. You'll notice that wherever I've got single sided roadways, they correspond with multifamily development. Because these areas already require extensive parking areas, so I can run the roadway through that area and have it serve as both a parking lot thru lane and a right of way.

Re: where would the dirt go. This should be a borrow and fill project. I need to raise the entire piece of land up about 8ft around the lakes and then gently sloping away. So call it a fill of 2ft average across about 120 acres. That will use every bit of about 400,000 yards of dirt. So we just need to properly calculate our waterline elevation to balance the borrow and fill at equivalence.

Last edited by Brett N; 11/05/19 12:16 PM.