QuarterAcre, Snrub, and whomever else has suggested using a landscape rake for removing FA mats, WORKS GREAT! But, I have a question.

I just bought a nice 36" landscape rake from ACE Hardware, and tried two ways to make it float. The dense foam for construction broke in half on one of the toss's out onto the water. It worked GREAT for about half a dozen throws, then failed. So, I attached an inflated bicycle tire tube. Tube didn't last through the night after attaching it to try it the next day.

My question is: What is the best, most durable way to make this landscape rake FLOAT?

In other news, QA, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR REMINDING ME TO ALIGN THE DIFFUSERS IN ONE LINE DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE POND FOR GREAT CIRCULATION AND TURNOVER. Also to ensure the two diffusers are on equal length hoses. MUCH obliged!

Attached is a photo of two diffusers on the same line from a Danner AP-100 pump. Again, each placed at the end of equal length hoses. I have all the equipment in the garage now to add a third panel to the solar setup, and get the Danner AP-60 pump going on its own diffuser as well, nearest the pump box to have all three diffusers running as much as they will.

Each pump will have it's own Suntaqe power source between the panels and the pump. Missouri Wind & Solar (mwands.com) gets BIG kudos for designing that dandy little unit.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how (without a Suntaqe controller?) are pumps ever kept on between having ample sunlight, and not? Mwands' unit auto restarts the pump as soon as sufficient sunlight is present.

As always, MANY thanks for all the GREAT help.
Chuck

Attached Images
Two diffusers running on one line from AP-100 pump.jpg
Last edited by DCQuarterCircle; 10/27/19 04:20 PM.