Started the build today and got quite a bit done.

I made two diffusers each from 4' of 1/2 polyethylene tubing. It's stiff and doesn't like to bend too sharply without crimping. I used a heat-gun to work it into a smaller diameter, 15". In the pictures you'll see a small section that got a bit hotter than the rest eek . It's fine, just an ugly spot.

I had planned on heating a sewing needle with a blow-torch so that it would easily puncture the tubing. I found that wasn't necessary.

In fact, I was able to speed this up by placing the needle in a vice.

I put three "rows" of holes in each tube.

Here's the diffuser in my shop sink. One photo at the surface, and then another at the bottom of the sink. I've got nothing to compare this too, but it seems like it should work confused .

In the shop I'm pumping through 100' of tubing and reading 1.5 PSI of back pressure. I'm shocked by how quiet it is. I new it wasn't going to be loud, but would have never guessed it would be this quiet.

The 5 PSI relief valve pops at just over 4 PSI. That's actually perfect for this pump.

Next I moved onto the platforms for the diffusers. For this I'm using 1.5" sched 40 PVC with some furniture connectors I found online. I'm filling the bottom with concrete and press fitting the rest. It currently sits about 1 foot from the bottom and but the vertical lengths can be replaced to adjust height.

The plan is to tie the buoy line to the concrete filled bottom square and run the line through holes drilled in the top square. This way I shouldn't lose any pieces if they separate when pulling to the surface.

I had forgotten what a pain it is to drill through pvc.

I'll take some photos once the concrete sets and I finish assembly.

I started to build the pump-house. I ran out of cedar boards so this is where I left the project today. The walls will get finished and a roof will go on to keep everything nice and dry. Maybe tomorrow? We'll see. I plan on using a wifi connected switch. That will get mounted in here.
With with wifi switch I can easily schedule aeration. I can also kill my fish from anywhere in the world grin

Let me know what you think, or if I'm doing anything that will obviously cause me trouble in the end.

Thanks!

-Jerry

Lots to learn. ~4200sqft pond LMB BG.