Originally Posted By: Snipe
Just an observation here.. I keep seeing throughout some of these threads the recommendation to not utilize LMB in less than 1 acre ponds.. That may be true in other areas, or certain areas but here on the high plains where we have small, non flowing cricks, not 20' across and maybe 40-80' long we catch bass and good ones. Mostly supported by a mix of GSF and a few BG, these little holes do very well. some don't get fished for a few years at a time, yet they still produce healthy 3-4-5lb bass. I think sometimes our definition of "It works or it doesn't" has different meaning.
Again, just an observation but I don't think everyone is necessarily looking for 10lb LMB in their 1/2 acre pond.

+1

I think any body of water capable of sustaining fish is a blessing and should be appreciated for its unique character and despite any of its limitations. You make a great point about the definition of "working or not" and I would just add that no BOW can meet the wants of even one person unless that one person has his wants fully aligned with reasonable expectations. If someone thinks he wants his BOW at capacity with 10 lb Lunkers ... be forewarned ... he won't be catching a lot of LMB. He'll get skunked often and he probably won't have a great BG fishery either.

Some of my favorite memories are tied to water with fisheries that many would deem undesirable or unacceptable. Most all of the fish I have eaten have also come from the same waters as they were very productive and sustainable systems. It worked for me I think because I appreciate these waters for what they are.

Last edited by jpsdad; 10/26/19 08:38 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers