Recently I acquired a fish feeder that has been sitting on a dock at a pond I have been fishing for at least 20 yrs, the owner used it for the first year or two and then quit, its sat there ever since. he told me to take it and see if I could get it to work for me.
After cleaning about a bale of hay worth of bird nests and about half a 5 gal buckets worth of dirt from mud dobbers out of the bottom of it I hooked it up to a lawnmower battery and wouldnt you know the darn thin worked for the most part, had to buy a new battery and a little auger that moves the feed into the blower, (the original one had a little gate solenoid that quit working). and Ive got it working like a brand new one, even the solar panel is charging with some new connections that were corroded, th
My question is, is there a way or any trick to use, to discourage birds of prey from perching right on top of it waiting on the fish to feed and take advantage of the opportunity to devour as many as he can while they are feeding?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.