Originally Posted By: RAH
It is sad when some of the squabbles developed, but it is not too much to ask folks to be respectful of one another. It is this respectfulness that has kept me here (for better or for worse with regards to others:)). I found that adequate warnings were given, but sometimes emotions get the best of us. As a scientist, I believe we never know anything with absolute certainty even when there is a pile of evidence supporting something. There is a difference in saying that you (or I) find the evidence non-compelling versus denying the evidence exists. The latter can get me fired up as well. For example, I accept that black crappie in a small pond often leads to poor results, but still plan to try them with blue catfish in a 1/2 acre pond. If my experiment turns out badly, I accept that I was forewarned by those with far more experience than I, and I do not deny that the recommendations were offered based on strong data.

I like this experiment...consider male only LMB for this fishery...they may focus solely on 4-6" BCP as they top out at 2 lbs and gape won't keep expanding putting your trophy BCP at risk. BC will continue to grow and will start focusing on larger BCP [8-10"] you may intend to harvest.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]